Employment OpportunitiesJoin our team!
Childcare Program Staff
(to care for children age 6 months to 3 years)
$25 an hour
Sunday Mornings from 9:30AM till 11:30AM
The First Congregational Church in Cheshire is a welcoming, open and affirming, green, congregation. We are currently recruiting two caring and compassionate caregivers to join our Program Staff. Caregivers will staff our Childcare room (for children age 6-month – 3 year) on Sunday mornings. The position runs from mid-September through June, every Sunday from 9:30 AM- 11:30 AM, at our building located at 111 Church Drive in Cheshire. This is an in-person position.
A Successful Candidate:
- is eighteen years of age or older and is willing to submit to a criminal background check.
- commits to following all Childcare procedures as set forth in the First Congregational Church of Cheshire’s Childcare Handbook and Safe & Nurturing Best Practices & Guidelines.
- is comfortable working in a church setting.
- has experience working with infants and young children, ages 6 months through age 3.
- holds an early education or education degree or has passed child development courses (preferred, but not required).
- is current in CPR and first aid, or will participate in a training.
- maintains physical presence, remains alert at all times while on duty, maintains constant visual attention to program participants, remains aware of surroundings.
- attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- maintains a welcoming, safe environment that is orderly, clean, and appealing.
- positively and proactively communicates with and responds to supervisor, church volunteers, program participants, and parents.
- provides supervisor with a minimum of two weeks’ notice for a planned absence.